Franciscan Healthcare Job Shadow Program
Shadowing healthcare professionals at Franciscan Healthcare. can be a wonderful experience. We welcome those who are considering a career in healthcare!
All job shadowing opportunities will be scheduled Monday through Friday between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m. Job shadowing experiences will not be scheduled for weekends, holidays, or after hours.
The goals of the Job Shadowing Program at Franciscan Healthcare are as follows:
- Provide an opportunity for students to observe healthcare professionals performing daily routines.
- Provide the opportunity for students to ask questions of healthcare professionals regarding job requirements, aptitudes, education, and other qualities needed.
- Assist undecided students to decide whether a healthcare profession is their calling and what type of career they want to pursue.
- Provide students with needed observation hours for college.
In order to participate in the Job Shadow Program students must:
- Be currently enrolled in high school OR college OR be an adult with an interest in healthcare
- Complete the required forms and HIPAA education
- Follow Franciscan Healthcare dress code
- Have an understanding of confidentiality
- Follow Franciscan Healthcare workforce responsibilities
Departments Participating in the Program
- Nursing: Patient Care, Clinic, Cardiac Rehab, Outpatient Clinic
- Family Practice Providers (limited)
- Surgery (limited)
- Rehabilitation: Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy
- Health Information Management
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pharmacy (limited)
Please contact Anna Berg, RN, BSN, Education Manager to set up your job shadow experience!
firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-372-4019