Energy conservation involves changing ways to do daily tasks to reduce the energy used. Everyday activities can cause more fatigue because of the normal aging process.
Use the 4 P's below to feel less tired:
- Decide which activity is the most important
- You can say no to less important activities
- Decide which activities can be done less often & take turns with someone else
- Do your activity during the part of the day when you have the most energy
- Switch between lighter and heavier activities
- Plan for rest breaks throughout the day
- Avoid Rushing
- Work at a relaxed, steady pace using slow smooth movements
- Use work surfaces at a comfortable height and sit for long lengthy tasks
- Store the items that you use the most often between shoulder and waist level. This limits climbing, bending and reaching.
- Put items back in their set places to avoid lengthy searches. Ask all family members to do the same.