Wellness Center Members:
Hello! We have truly missed seeing all of your smiling faces over the past few weeks. We are excited to announce that our wellness center will be re-opening to the public on Monday, June 1st with observance of the current directed health measures established by Governor Pete Ricketts and the Elkhorn Logan Valley Public Health Department. All wellness members must participate in a COVID-19 screening, including temperature and symptom checking, prior to entering the hospital or wellness facility. Additionally, all wellness members are encouraged to utilize the hand sanitizer stationed throughout the facility, as well good hand-washing hygiene. The following wellness center rules and regulations must be observed:
- Entrance to the facility must be through the wellness center doors (no garage access).
- The exception to this guideline is the first time a member returns to the facility, they must enter the hospital through the main entrance and have their prox card re-activated at the Rehabilitation front desk (see below for more information).
- Hours of operation: 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday-Friday.
- Workout times will be limited to 1 hour.
- Only 25 individuals will be permitted to use the wellness center at a time. Cardiac and rehabilitation patients will take precedence with regards to facility and equipment use.
- Each individual is required to wear a face mask at all times.
- Individuals must adhere to the 6 ft. social distancing rule while within the facility.
- Wellness center members must thoroughly wipe down each piece of equipment with provided sanitation supplies after each use.
Please note, all guidelines are subject to change as this situation is fluid. We look forward to opening for additional hours pending additional relaxation of directed health measures. Our community’s health and safety is our number one priority.
In other good news, over the past few weeks, we have taken the opportunity to re-vamp our wellness center program & membership packages with plenty for our wellness members to look forward to, including:
- Access to Virtuagym, an electronic system which includes access to daily workouts, challenges, and nutritional recommendations
- The availability to purchase one-on-one personal training sessions with Franciscan Healthcare Physical Therapists or our skilled Personal Trainer
- Access to an outstandingly clean & safe environment
- Availability of a variety of high-quality cardiovascular and strengthening equipment
- The opportunity to re-connect with fellow wellness center members, fostering your personal fitness goals & healthy personal relationships
The biggest change we have made to our wellness center is the addition of the Virtuagym electronic workout system. This program will be included in your membership (no additional fees) and can be accessed on your computer, your phone or a tablet. This system is amazing and we are so excited for you to learn more about it! We will be hosting informational training sessions for our valued wellness members the week of June 1st and moving forward. Training sessions will be held in the Assisi room on the 2nd floor of the hospital. Please join us at one of the times/dates listed below:
- Monday, June 1st 6:00 AM, 4:00 PM or 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, June 2nd 8:00 AM, 11:00 AM or 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, June 3rd 6:00 AM, 1:00 PM or 5:00 PM
- Thursday, June 4th 7:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 2:00 PM or 6:00 PM
- Friday, June 5th 6:00 AM, 12:00 PM or 1:00 PM
Note, training spots are limited to 25 individuals at a time.
Wellness members: Be watching for an email from Franciscan Healthcare to sign up for a training session.
When you come to your scheduled session, please bring along with you a written copy of your updated contact information inclusive of your name, birth date, email address, phone number and street/mailing address.
If you are unable to attend one of the training sessions or wish not to utilize the Virtuagym system, we still need to re-activate every member’s prox card. If you do not currently have a prox card, you will need to purchase one to access the wellness center and for sign-in upon arrival to the wellness center. Prox cards will need to be re-activated for future billing purposes and to track utilization of our wellness facility. Please stop by the Rehabilitation office Monday thru Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM -5:00 PM to purchase a card or have your card re-activated. This must be done prior to completing your first workout session in the wellness center as noted above.
Finally, we would just like to say THANK YOU to each and every one of you for your patience and support during these trying times over the past few weeks. We truly have the best wellness center members! We will work with each member individually to reimburse you for time away from the Wellness Center through the directed health measures restrictions. Please contact the Franciscan Healthcare Rehabilitation Department at (402) 372-2372 with any questions/concerns.
- Franciscan Healthcare