School Sports Physicals
2020 School Physicals
April 27, 2020
Dear Athletic Directors, Principals, and Parents,
The Nebraska School Activities Association, NSAA, has announced that incoming 7th grade and 9th grade students who wish to participate in a sport(s) will be required to have a sports physical form completed prior to the start of the 2020-2021 sport season. Any student 8th, 10th, 11th, 12th who has a 2019-2020 sports physical on file will not be required to complete another physical prior to the start of 2020-2021 school year. Immunizations are important and should be maintained. See enclosed paper for schedule of adolescent immunizations. We would encourage all students to have a wellness exam. Please contact the Dinklage Medical Clinic at 402-372-2477 to schedule your appointment.
The NSAA physical forms are available on our website fcswp.org, at the school, or at the clinic.
1. Bring completed History Form. A consent form needs to be signed for the clinic to perform the physical. If a parent is unable to attend the appointment, a consent form can be picked up, signed and brought to the appointment.
2. Bring a first morning urine sample. To prevent unnecessary recheck drink plenty of fluid 48 hours before the sample is taken
3. The student must bring their immunization records. This is an excellent time to get caught up on immunizations. Common immunizations include Tetanus (includes pertussis for whooping cough), meningitis, and human papilloma virus (HPV).
4. Girls are reminded not to wear sports bras, they impede the scoliosis check.
5. Students who wear glasses or contacts need to bring/wear them to the appointment for the eye exam.
Please speak with us or stop in to clarify any information or to pick up any necessary forms.
At the end of each physical the student will be given a “Consent to Participate” and Physical “ form. Because of HIPAA, the parent decides what information will be shared with the schools beyond the consent form. We strongly encourage parents to share the entire physical form with the school in the interest of the health of their child. Particularly if your child has health concerns that the school nurse and /or coaches should be aware of.
Have a great 2020-2021 school year!
The Medical Staff of the Dinklage Medical Clinic